Biohacker's Adaptogenic Coffee
It all started with Bulletproof Coffee. Quality beans + grass-fed butter, with the possible addition of MCT and collagen, and who needs breakfast?
But why stop there?
The best time to take Vitamin D is in the morning, colostrum is one of the most powerful compounds out there for gut healing (best on an empty stomach), and adaptogens are all around awesome.
NOTE: As with my smoothie recipe, to save time I mix all of these dry ingredients together in a medium sized container and then just add a few scoops in the morning.
NOTE 2: When I’m on a stricter intermittent fasting protocol I will often omit the maca, collagen, and colostrum.
A delicious, complexly flavored cup of coffee jam-packed with a ton of superfood ingredients to give you even more energy than normal coffee and none of the jittery side-effects. BONUS: If you have any immune or gut related issues, may of these ingredients are fantastic for helping to heal them.
- 16 oz freshly brewed coffee
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 Tbsp MCT OIL C8 is best
- 1/3 tsp Ashwaganda Root Powder
- 1/3 tsp Red Reishi Mushroom extract
- 1 tsp Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 1/8 tsp Vitamin D-3 Powder
- 1/8 tsp L-Theanine Powder
- 2 Tbsp Collagen Hydrolysate
- Grind ~4 tbsp coffee beans and set to brewing make sure to use high quality filtered water
- Measure out ingredients and add to blender
- When coffee finishes, pour into blender and blend on medium for 30s. Make sure to hold down the blender top to prevent any liquid from spilling out.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 36.5 g||56.2%|
|Saturated Fat 30.1 g||150.5%|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 60 mg||20%|
|Sodium 253.1 mg||10.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g||3.3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Sugars 3.5 g|
|Protein 17.7 g|
|Vitamin A 20 %||Vitamin C 1 %|
|Calcium 21 %||Iron 6 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
A Biohacked Life